Place Ville-Marie, Montréal
Job Status: Permanent, Full time and part time
Work Schedule: Weekday, weekend, days and evening
Starting date: As soon as possible
Under the supervision of the Maitre d’hôtel, the essential responsibilities and functions of this position are, but not limited to:
• Offer a professional, affable and endearing level of service at all times
• Help the restaurant servers at each stage of the gastronomic experience
• Help customers with regards to the menu in an informative and useful manner
• Know the wine list and ongoing promotions
• Perfect knowledge of all the dishes on the menu, their garnishes, contents and preparation methods;
• Comply with the point-of-sale service standards, policies, procedures and rules
• Comply with all food safety policies and standards when manipulating food and beverages
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and the person in this role will need to constantly adapt to high-activity and specific customer relations management situations*
• Functionally bilingual—French & English
• Six (6) months experience in the restaurant industry (dining room).
• Proper appearance, social skills
• Enjoy working with the public.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Good team worker.
• Ability to perform physical tasks.
• Passionate about high-quality food and beverages
• Rigorous, organized, detail-oriented and creativity
• Keen interpersonal skills
• Responsible and dependable
• Organized and motivated
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Good team worker
• Ability to focus entirely on the needs of customers while remaining calm and courteous at all time.
Physical aspects of the position: Stand and walk for the entire duration of the work shift
Visa requirements: must be legally eligible to work in Canada.